Spay & Neuter Your Pets
PLEASE spay and neuter your pets! Spay the stray, the neighborhood cat and feral cats in your community. Nashville Cat Rescue places over 600 sterilized cats and kittens into homes every year but we are constantly inundated with calls for help. We cannot keep up, there are not enough homes, we are all responsible for lowering pet over population. The way to do it is simple-SPAY AND NEUTER. 75% of cats and kittens that enter shelters are killed. There are no excuses. Allowing your cat to have a litter of kittens means a litter of kittens are killed in a shelter. I you feed a cat in your community-get them fixed! There are many low cost and sometimes free programs throughout Middle Tennessee. Below is a list of resources and a few other spay neuter facts.
- Cats can get pregnant as early as 4 months of age.
- Cats can get pregnant as soon as they give birth.
- There are 70,000 puppies and kittens born per day. There are only 10,000 humans.
- Cats that are fixed are less likely to be exposed to deadly diseases, be hit by cars, and develop certain types of cancer.
- Kittens can be fixed as early as 8 weeks.
- Pediatric Spay and Neuter is endorsed by the AVMA to help lower pet over population (American Veterinary Medical Association).
- There are an estimated 60-100 million feral cats in the US.
Low Cost Spay and Neuter:
LOW COST SPAY/NEUTER CLINICS IN DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Nashville, (615) 474-8390
Pet Community Center
http://www.petcommunitycenter.org/ (transport help)
http://www.petcommunitycenter.org/feline-fix/ (feral cats)
LOW COST SPAY/NEUTER CLINICS IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE:
SUMNER SPAY NEUTER ALLIANCE
1033-B Union School Road, Gallatin, TN 37066
P.O. Box 1834 | Gallatin, TN 37066, (615) 452-2233
615-890-6878 • 2215 Keeneland Commercial Blvd, Murfreesboro
They travel to many different counties (see the website for details).
511 W. Baddour Parkway, Lebanon, (615) 453-2349
210 E Public Sq, Smithville, (615) 464-6738
Liberty, (615) 464-6104 or (615) 444-1196
Cookeville and 14 other Upper Cumberland Counties
2435 Fisk Road, Cookeville, (931) 372-2728
Cookeville/Putnam County Animal Shelter
2105 W Jackson St, Cookeville, (931) 526-3647
Voucher program for Williamson County
Franklin, (615) 794-8925
Spay Neuter Financial Assistance, Inc. (SNFA)
Stewart County Animal Management Program (SCAMP)
999 Antioch Rd, Dover, (931) 232-4810
Fayetteville, (931) 937-6045
Humane Society of Montgomery County
Hendersonville, Gallatin, Portland, White Horse
16 Volunteer Dr, Hendersonville, (615) 822-0061
Williamson County Animal Control and Adoption
Get a referral to a low cost spay/neuter clinic in your area: